What would you do...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: What would you do...?

Ok, so this summer you have the choice of packaging at least 2 of our 3 picks (and one of them must be the 1st rounder) as part of a trade. What level of talent would it take for you to give up the picks? I honestly think we should trade the picks no matter what because we're young enough and have some promising guys already. Any kind of deal, especially for solid, veteran defensive talent would be enough for me.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject:

An above average defender, preferably at the point. The player also needs to able to help on O. Someone like Shane Battier, great defender, and can make the open shot on offense.

They don't need to be as good as Shane Battier on defense, just as long as they are above average
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject:

Houston traded Rudy Gay for Battier. They are not going to trade him for the 19th and 40th picks.

More like Jared Jeffries is realistic.

Look at Eastern teams that are not in the playoffs, the worse the greater the liklihood. Or an Eastern playoff team that has a solid vet rotting on the bench like Maurice Evans.

Our division rivals will not hand us a solid defensive minded veteran for a pick and a conferance rival is only a little less likely.

Opportunies like Evans for the 51st pick is rare. If the Lakers find one they should jump on it but more likely the Lakers will be offered crap for the 19th,40,and/or 49th picks.

Pick BPA first two picks then get a foreign youngster that has all-star possiblities 2-5 years down the road with the 49th is more likely.

OJ Mayo
Derrick Rose
Nicolas Batum
Michael Beasley
Chase Budinger
Darrell Arthur
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject:

I'd really like to keep at least the 1st rounder in this draft. It's pretty deep with some star/starter potential in our range.

That said, I like the LO/ Kwame for JO/Tinsley trade. The only way I throw in a first in that deal though is if we can swap Cook for Diogu. We could have a pretty poweful, deep frontcourt with JO, Bynum, Turiaf, Diogu, and Mihm.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: